Compared to other membrane materials, XR® membranes are exceptionally strong, with very high puncture and tear resistance. Its reinforced, multi-layered design provides maximum strength-to-weight ratios and flexibility for ease of handling. The ethylene interpolymer alloy (EIA) coatings make the material resilient to environmental stress cracking, high loads, and temperature fluctuations.
XR® products come in three grades: XR®-5, XR®-3, and XR®-PW (Potable Water).
XR®-5 geomembranes provide over 300% higher puncture strength vs. twice as thick 60 mil HDPE and over 200% better tensile strength. XR®-5 geomembranes also provide 22 times lower thermal expansion and contraction compared to HDPE.
Advantages of XR® Liners
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Hydrocarbon resistance
- Low thermal expansion/contraction
- UV stability
- Very high-strength material with superior seam strength
- Large panel fabrication requiring less field seaming during installation
Applications for XR® Liners
- Military vehicle wash facilities
- Ocean reclamation
- Methane bladders
- Dike and slope facings
- Buried tank vault liners
- Tank farms
- Jet fuel storage facilities
- Heap leach facilities
- Railroad road fueling facilities
- Transformer oil secondary containment basins
- Secondary containment hydrocarbon applications
- Floating covers
- Specialty products and accessories
Contact LCSI today for all your containment needs.